Friday, April 21, 2006

Healthy, Wealthy & Wise

I got into a philosophical discussion about the education of toddlers with my friend, Dave. Dave has 2 grand-daughters; Abby is 5 and Madison is just a few months older than Cami Rose. All of the girls attend the same school but they are all in different classes. Dave is very pleased with the job the school does in early childhood education. (He is unpleased that Abby is behind in reading because his daughter regularly gets Abby to school late and she often misses reading time, but that is another story). Anyway, Dave is very adimate about early childhood education. I like the school because it is very close to where I work and because I feel it is a safe place for Cami to be. I am happy that the school has a good educational reputation, but I am not interested in having the world's smartest 2 year old as a result. I just want Cami to be happy, healthy and safe. It was a difficult decision to place her in day-care, but I am certain it was the "right" one.

No comments: