Saturday, October 18, 2008

UD Homecoming

Today was UD Homecoming and this year, for the first time in about 8 years, I decided to attend AND play in the alumni marching band. Many of you know I am (or at least used to be) a brass player. Over the years, I have primarily played the french horn, but I also have a history playing the trumpet, trombone and, in the Delaware marching band, the sousaphone. Why sousaphone? Simply because it always looked to me like the tubas in the marching band at Delaware always had the most fun. And I could not have been more correct. As the clowns of the band, the tubas got away with the most and we always had fun! We had beautiful weather and homecoming was a lot of fun! The Delaware football is not great this year, but the band is one of the best I've ever seen! The alumni band did a great job putting a small show together in one morning. However, I'm absolutely pooped and wonder how I ever did this every Saturday!




No comments: