Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A walk down memory lane

Okay, so this really is Camille's blog, but right now we're all entrenched in school and dance and Chinese lessons and work... the regular "routine" stuff. Our weekends have been busy but the really special events are yet to come (ie. nothing photograph worthy to this point) so I thought I'd take a little trip down memory lane and talk a little bit about me.



In my college days I was in the band. I have been thinking about it a lot lately because homecoming will be here in just about a month, hence my annual chance to once again be in the band with all the old fart wannabes; the UD alumni band. Some can still really rip it, others not so much, but I give each and every soul credit who shows up to put on an alumni band show each year!



This photo was taken in the fall of 1995 in my senior year of marching band. There were only 5 tuba, but there should have been 7. My dear friends and tuba brothers Woody and Alan were killed in an automobile accident, together as they traveled just that summer before. So sad.

This was the basketball pepband. Don't you dig the rugby shirts? It must have been 1992 or 1993... I wasn't in pepband long; I didn't enjoy watching basketball.

October 31st is Homecoming. I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a wild year. Fun yet complicated. More to follow.


1 comment:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Go Tuba!!! Did you see my son's section pics? http://www.dianarambles.com/2009/09/wordless-wednesday-my-son-is-going-to.html