Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Single-parenthood

Single-parenthood, even the temporary kind I am experiencing right now, is rough. It's so nice to have someone to help out, even with the very simple things early in the morning. It's only day 2 of the new routine, and I feel completely overwhelmed. To make matters worse, I was up past midnight, trying to get the kitchen ready for the contractors, who arrived at 8AM to start demolition on my kitchen. I failed that too. The contractors will have ended up packing up some boxes this morning. I just could not get it all done, not by myself.

I hope things go better tomorrow. Tonight I am dropping Camille off at her school for the summer reading program. I need to go to the store and purchase the appliances for our new kitchen. Wish me luck!

No comments: