Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Down to the wire

Well, Mike leaves for the Seeing Eye in 10 days and I now I must admit that I am beginning to feel a bit anxious and nervous about it. I want him to go. I've been excited for him as I know this will be a terrific opportunity and adventure for him. But now that the time is just about here, it's really getting real. I guess before it was some sort of romantic fantasy... now it's actually going to happen. He's going to have a life changing experience and I'm going to be thrust into single parenthood for a month! Yuck! But we'll both do what we've got to do because I know the ultimate outcome will be well worth it. In the mean time, we've got a vacation just prior. We're leaving for the beach on Sunday. Mike's time at the beach will be cut a bit short due to the fact that he must report to the guide dog school.

No comments: