Friday, March 07, 2008

Gifted

Camille is gifted. I am not saying this to brag. In fact, it worries me, a little. I don't know much about gifted kids, but now it makes sense to me. All the things that have happened. Her selection to the special class at the Academy. Her quirks, the things she says and does. When Camille was 14 months old, I gave her fruit flavored cereal on her highchair tray. I left the room for about 2 minutes, in that time, she had sorted all the cereal bits, by color. She is a perfectionist. She asks questions well beyond her three-year-old comprehension.

"Mommy, when snow and ice melts, it becomes water."

Tonight, Camille said "Mommy, why does Uncle Chris have to fight in the war?" I asked her why she thinks Uncle Chris is fighting in a war. She told me that she heard me tell someone that Uncle Chris is going to Iraq. "So?" I said. To which she replied "So Iraq is the war." Scary stuff.

She is not telling me all she knows.

No comments: