Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2nd Annual "Gotcha Day" Anniversary!

HAPPY ADOPTION DAY!

It's really hard to believe it's been 2 years already. And yet, somehow, it's hard to believe it's only been 2 years... I can't remember life without Camille and quite, frankly, I don't want to. But I can remember that moment, when the 13 pound little monkey in the green split-pant overalls, was placed into my arms and immediately grabbed hold of me and buried her face in my shoulder. I still imagine she was thinking "Thank God you are here... please take me home!" We called Camille our baby bird. She was so thin, so tiny, so frail.... my how times have changed!

Last year we celebrated our first 'Gotcha Day' with a family dinner at a nice restaurant. We decided then, that future 'Gotcha Day' anniversaries would belong to Camille. We would let her decide what we would do, as a family, to celebrate. This year, Camille has decided dinner at Friendly's and a trip to the Build-A-Bear Workshop is how she would like to mark the occasion, so that's what we're going to do... together.

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

Congrats! Glenys and my 2 year anniversary is coming up on the 25th. We must have been in the same referral batch of May 23?

We did the Build-A-Bear on Glenys' finding day May 19.

Beverly